Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Travel Plans



Hi everyone!

As most of you know, I'm currently wrapping up my last year of college (!!) and will be graduating in about two and a half weeks. I'm posting now because I just finished my last (Harvard) exam and last (Harvard) paper ever!! (The parentheticals are there for my mom's benefit, who cut into my ebullient claims to have written my last paper ever with a dry, "define 'ever.'" Yes, I'm going to grad school in the fall, and yes, I will be attending classes in Taiwan. I guess I just can't stay away from school...?) The moral of the story is that now I have some down time before graduation and thought, among other things, that I might get things rolling with this blog!

So far, here are the travel plans. I will be attending a summer program at Asia University in Taichung, Taiwan, along with a number of other American high school students. I leave for Taiwan on July first (another Fourth-of-July abroad!!) and will return home by the eighth of August. Classes begin on July fourth and end in early August. We'll be studying Mandarin Chinese, as well as a number of different Taiwan-specific subject areas such as Taiwanese economy and enterprise, Taiwanese culture and festivals, and Taiwanese history. I'm psyched!!

Of course, there's still lots to do before departure -- getting a Taiwanese visa is top of the list. More on that to come in the next post...

Until then, 再见!