Monday, July 02, 2007

Last Day


Last year, before I left for Beijing, Amy and I spent one last day in Port Jefferson, drinking big Starbucks frappuccinos and hanging out down on the docks. I thought it might be fun to make it a "tradition" of sorts by repeating the experience this year. So, we headed down port, grabbed some smoothies at Tigerlily, and strolled down by the harbor talking about the summer to come.


I missed my family a lot last year and I'm sure I'll miss them again, but I feel especially lucky to be able to communicate with them with both written and visual content. The blog is a constant project, which (for me at least) shapes and gives meaning to my adventures abroad. Knowing I've got my family back home watching and cheering me on makes the experiences that much more precious. I'm lucky to have them and I'll miss them to bits when I'm gone!!