Monday, July 09, 2007

Taipei Part IV: The Bike Park, or, Why my dad should totally come to Taiwan


Although we had initially planned to head back to Shuangxi Gongyuan, the park we had visited before, Kevin and I were distracted by a lovely big canal which runs past A-ma’s house in the other direction. We crossed a bridge over the water and found ourselves in Taipei’s main bicycle route, a beautifully landscaped path which winds its way through much of Taipei.









By the time we trooped back to A-ma's we were both slick with sweat and badly in need of a shower. I hosed off using the detachable shower-heads they have all over Taiwan and China (and elsewhere?) and climbed back into my dress, getting more and more excited about the lavish wedding we were about to attend.



P.S. Below I have tried to post a link to a video that Kevin made of the area around A-ma's house on the bridge over the canal and bike park. If you can't see the video here, the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV5dBRYaPnU. Please excuse my obnoxious gum-chewing... in my defense, I didn't initially realize I was being filmed, and had just popped in a particularly hard-to-chew piece of gum. But, as I'm sure Amy would agree, there's really no excuse for gum-chewing like that.